The Basic Facilitator Training, or BFT, is for people who want to learn about human nature, about themselves, and about how they can help people with troubling personal issues.
Here’s just some of the learning you’ll get.
YOUR SHADOW AS A FACILITATOR AND HOW TO USE IT
- Love your dark side. We all have a “dark side” — parts of us that are in shadow. Only those who learn to see their dark side without shame can use it to help others. Those who can’t see their dark side will be controlled by it.
- Start a lifetime of feeling better about yourself. Many of us fear the part of ourselves that wants to take control. That controlling part of us, however, is the same part of us that wants to learn to facilitate. What it really wants is to create safety, for us and for those we’re trying to help. You’ll learn why you needn’t feel ashamed of your inner facilitator and how you can use it to make your participant feel safe.
HOW TO SPOT MAGICIAN WOUNDS AND USE THE MAGICIAN TOOLS
- Reveal what somebody’s really saying. You’ll learn how to “mirror,” a way of listening that helps someone find clarity.
- Be amazed as Mistakes morph before your very eyes into The Best Strategies Available At The Time. You’ll learn how to help people get the gold out of their mistakes and how to help them transform regret into compassion.
- Change somebody’s life during dinner. You’ll learn the seven-step What’s At Risk process, which can help a person move safely through a personal obstacle within minutes.
- View yourself from the other side of the room. Until you’ve tried it, you won’t believe how much clarity and perspective you get from having your inner voices spoken by role-players while you watch from a distance. You’ll learn to “split out” a participant’s inner voices and then what to do with their inner tableau.
- Spot a group participant who’d rather be anywhere else than in your group. If you lead groups, you know that people sometimes come to groups with fear of the group experience. You’ll learn to spot them and how to safely handle their fear and bring them back into the group.
- Find your inner light switch. You’ll learn to “switch” an unwanted sensation into something you want, and how to help the person you’re facilitating do the same.
HOW TO SPOT SOVEREIGN WOUNDS AND USE THE SOVEREIGN TOOLS
- Sense when you’re getting set up for a fall. We all have “circuitry” for idealizing someone or something and then getting betrayed. You’ll learn about the idealization-betrayal circuit and what to do when someone’s idealizing you.
- Why some people deflect compliments. When someone can’t accept something good, it probably means there’s a risk involved. You’ll learn to recognize when a risk is appearing, and how to facilitate the process that helps them deal with it.
- Pull an angel out of thin air. You’ll learn how to recognize someone in need of support from an ideal being, and how to get it to them.
HOW TO SPOT LOVER WOUNDS AND USE THE LOVER TOOLS
- Remove a lump from someone’s throat, without surgery! When your participant wants to be free of an unwanted sensation in their body, the Metaphor Pull-Out process helps them pull it out.
- Talk to an adult who has just turned into a kid. There’s a special way of talking to somebody when they’re experiencing a Lover wound, developed by David Grove. You’ll learn how to use it and experience why it works so well.
HOW TO SPOT WARRIOR WOUNDS AND USE THE WARRIOR TOOLS
- What your “ego” really is and why it doesn’t deserve its bad rep. You’ll learn why your ego isn’t bad at all and why it’s essential to your sense of self.
- Give the power to the people. You’ll learn to recognize when a participant’s power is not available to them and how to help them regain control of it.
WHAT A SHAME-FREE CONTAINER IS LIKE
- Start creating a family of choice. The training environment is a shame-free place where you can be who you are. There’s simply no better learning environment. Many people come to feel a close bond with their fellow trainees that’s thicker than water. We all have a family of origin; we can also have a family of choice.
- Laugh about your family and what a corker life really is. You’ll learn one of Shadow Work’s best-kept secrets: that we laugh a lot when we’re together. When we find compassion for our wounds, we get a new perspective on human nature that’s both endearing and hilarious. Carl Jung was known for his wonderful laugh. Maybe you’ll become known for yours.
WHAT IT’S LIKE TO FACILITATE
- Watch some great acting. You’ll do more than study. You’ll practice. At first, you’ll practice on the trainers, some of the world’s best unpaid actors (uh…).
- Get hands-on experience. You’ll facilitate real processes in a team with other trainees, with the trainers coaching you in a supportive learning environment. Shadow Work trainers are known for their affirming way of giving feedback.
HOW GOOD THIS WORK FEELS
And the number one thing you’ll learn at the BFT:
- Something surprisingly good about yourself. After you’ve learned and practiced the processes, you’ll do a piece of your own work. It will give you an opportunity to “feel from the inside-out” one of the processes you’ve learned to facilitate. You might do Sovereign work and feel what it’s like to get, and give, unconditional love. You might do Warrior work and break your personal record for yards rushing. You might do Magician work and learn about the risks that have been standing in your way. You might do Lover work and get rid of a physical symptom.
Whatever kind of work you do, you’ll resolve an issue that’s been troubling you, perhaps for years.
For more information on the Basic Facilitator Training.
For the dates of upcoming Trainings, see the Events Calendar.